That's what I guesseed too (as this property could be found into the src code).

But... I am still a bit surprised it's not, at least, mentionned into the doc
(into some dedicated section).

Dominique

De : Alain RODRIGUEZ [mailto:arodr...@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 4 janvier 2013 15:57
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : Re: property 'disk_access_mode' not found in cassandra.yaml

"Is the default 'auto' the best possible option so that no one has to worry
about it anymore ?"

Yes something like that I guess.

You can add the disk_access_mode property to your cassandra.yaml and set it to
standard to disable memory mapped access, it will work. It's the same thing for
the auto_bootstrap parameter and some other property like these two, they are
not written in the conf anymore but still read if they exist.

Alain

2013/1/4 DE VITO Dominique
<dominique.dev...@thalesgroup.com<mailto:dominique.dev...@thalesgroup.com>>