On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Shahryar Sedghi <shsed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I always count on this order, or it may change  in the future?

I would personally rely on it. I don't see any reason why we would change
that internally and besides I suspect you won't be the only one to rely on
it so we won't take the chance of breaking it.

However, I do note that this stands for Cassandra 2ndary indexes only.
Internally, Cassandra has a notion of custom indexes (used by DataStax Solr
integration for instance) and for those indexes the ordering might likely
not be the same. So if you think you might switch your index to a solr one
later on, then maybe it's worth trying to avoid relying on the ordering.

--
Sylvain