Here are a few examples I have worked on, reading from xml.gz files then
writing to cassandara.

https://github.com/jschappet/medline

You will also need:

https://github.com/jschappet/medline-base

These examples are Hadoop Jobs using Cassandra as the Data Store.

This one is a good place to start.
https://github.com/jschappet/medline/blob/master/src/main/java/edu/uiowa/ic
ts/jobs/LoadMedline/StartJob.java

ConfigHelper.setInputColumnFamily(job.getConfiguration(), KEYSPACE,
COLUMN_FAMILY);
        ConfigHelper.setOutputColumnFamily(job.getConfiguration(), KEYSPACE,
outputPath);

        job.setMapperClass(MapperToCassandra.class);
        job.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
        job.setOutputValueClass(Text.class);

        LOG.info("Writing output to Cassandra");
        //job.setReducerClass(ReducerToCassandra.class);
        job.setOutputFormatClass(ColumnFamilyOutputFormat.class);

        ConfigHelper.setRpcPort(job.getConfiguration(), "9160");
        //org.apache.cassandra.dht.LocalPartitioner
        ConfigHelper.setInitialAddress(job.getConfiguration(),
"localhost");
        ConfigHelper.setPartitioner(job.getConfiguration(),
"org.apache.cassandra.dht.RandomPartitioner");