I appreciate any advise or pointers on this.
Thanks in advance.

From: as...@outlook.com
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Question on Cassandra Snapshot
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:47:14 -0600

I have been looking at incremental backups and snapshots. I have done some
experimentation but could not come to a conclusion. Can somebody please help me
understanding it right?
/data is my data partition
With incremental_backup turned OFF in Cassandra.yaml - Are all SSTables are
under /data/TestKeySpace/ColumnFamily at all times?With incremental_backup
turned ON in cassandra.yaml - Are current SSTables under
/data/TestKeySpace/ColumnFamily/ with a hardlink to
/data/TestKeySpace/ColumnFamily/backups? Lets say I have taken snapshot and
moved the /data/TestKeySpace/ColumnFamily/snapshots/<snapshot-name>/*.db to
tape, at what point should I be backing up *.db files from
/data/TestKeySpace/ColumnFamily/backups directory. Also, should I be deleting
the *.db files whose inode matches with the files in the snapshot? Is that a
correct approach? I noticed
/data/TestKeySpace/ColumnFamily/snapshots/<timestamp>-ColumnFamily/ what are
these <timestamp> directories?
Thanks in advance. SC