From: "Haithem Jarraya" <haithem.jarr...@struq.com>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:29:19 AM
Subject: Long running nodetool repair

Hi,

I am new to Cassandra and I am not sure if this is the normal behavior but
nodetool repair runs for too long even for small dataset per node. As I am
writing I started a nodetool repair last night at 18:41 and now it's 9:18 and
it's still running, the size of my data is only ~500mb per node.
We have
3 Node cluster in DC1 with RF 3
1 Node Cluster in DC2 with RF 1
1 Node cluster in DC3 with RF 1

and running Cassandra V1.2.1 with 256 vNodes.

>From cassandra logs I do not see AntiEntropy logs anymore only compaction Task
>and FlushWriter.

Is this a normal behaviour of nodetool repair?
Is the running time grow linearly with the size of the data?

Any help or direction will be much appreciated.

Thanks,