> Hi – I have around 6TB of data on 1 node
Unless you have SSD and 10GbE you probably have too much data on there.
Remember you need to run repair and that can take a long time with a lot of
data. Also you may need to replace a node one day and moving 6TB will take a
while.

>  Or will the sstable compaction continue and eventually we will have 1 file ?
No.
The default size tiered strategy compacts files what are roughly the same size,
and only when there are more than 4 (default) of them.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand