On 02/22/2013 07:47 PM, aaron morton wrote:
 dropped this secondary index after while.
I assume you use UPDATE COLUMN FAMILY in the CLI.

yes

How can I avoid this secondary index building on node join?
Check the schema using show schema in the cli.

I see no indexes for CF in show schema/

Check that all nodes in the cluster have the same schema, using describe cluster in the cli. If they are in disagreement see this http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#schema_disagreement

yes, all nodes agreed on single schema version.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Some time ago we used secondary index on one of CF. Due to performance reasons we dropped this secondary index after while. But now, each time I add and bootstrap new node I see how cassandra again build this secondary index on this node (which takes huge time), and when index is built it is not used anymore, so I can safely delete files from disk.

How can I avoid this secondary index building on node join?

Thanks for your answers!