Hello!

We have 1.0.7 multi-DC cassandra setup with strict time limits for read (15ms). We use RF=1 per DC and reads with CL=ONE. Data in datacenters are in sync, but we have next problem: when application looks for key which is not yet in database, coordinator wait for digests from remote datacenters which breaks our time limits.

I know that we can use RF:3 per DC and read with LOCAL_QUORUM to restrict reads to local DC only, but RF:3 is not acceptable for us.

Can we force somehow cassandra not to lookup keys in remote CD?

Thanks for your answers!