I remember huge discussions on backwards compatibility and we have a ton of
code using thrift(as do many people out there).  We happen to have a startup
bean for development that populates data in cassandra for us.  We cleared out
our QA completely(no data) and ran this….it turns out there seems to be no
backwards compatibility as it utterly fails.

>From astyanax point of view, we simply get this (when going back to 1.1.4,
>everything works fine.  I can go down the path of finding out where backwards
>compatibility breaks but does this mean essentially everyone has to rewrite
>their applications?  OR is there a list of breaking changes that we can't do
>anymore?  Has anyone tried the latest astyanax client with 1.2.2 version?

An unexpected error occured caused by exception RuntimeException:
com.netflix.astyanax.connectionpool.exceptions.NoAvailableHostsException:
NoAvailableHostsException: [host=None(0.0.0.0):0, latency=0(0), attempts=0]No
hosts to borrow from

Thanks,
Dean