From: aaron morton [mailto:aa...@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: 06 March 2013 23:47
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hinted handoff

Check the IO utilisation using iostat

You *really* should not need to make HH run faster, if you do there is some
thing bad going on. I would consider dropping the hints and running repair.

Data is ~9.5 TB
Do you have 9.5TB on a single node ?
In the normal case it's best to have around 300 to 500GB per node. With that
much data is will take a week to run repair or replace a failed node.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand