Is this correct guys ?

From: Kanwar Sangha [mailto:kan...@mavenir.com]
Sent: 07 May 2013 14:07
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: HintedHandoff

Hi -I had a question on  hinted-handoff.  We have 2 DCs configured with overall
RF = 2 (DC1:1, DC2:1) and 4 nodes in each DC (total - 8 nodes across 2  DCs)

Now we do a write with CL = ONE and Hinted Handoff enabled.

*        If node 'X ' in DC1 which is a 'replica' node is down and a write
comes with CL =1 to DC1, the co-ordinator node will write the hint and also the
data will be written to the other 'replica' node in DC2 ? Is this correct ?

*        If yes, then when we try to do a 'read' of this data with CL =
'local_quorum' from DC1, it will fail (since the data was written as a hint)
and we will need to read it from the other DC ?

Thanks,
Kanwar