For us, the biggest killer is repair and compaction following repair. If you
are running VNodes, you need to test the performance while running repair.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Igor" <i...@4friends.od.ua>
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:48:34 AM
Subject: Re: High performance disk io

On 05/22/2013 05:41 PM, Christopher Wirt wrote:

Hi Igor,

Yea same here, 15ms for 99 th percentile is our max. Currently getting one or
two ms for most CF. It goes up at peak times which is what we want to avoid.

Our 99 percentile also goes up at peak times but stay at acceptable level.

We’re using Cass 1.2.4 w/vnodes and our own barebones driver on top of thrift.
Needed to be .NET so Hector and Astyanax were not options.

Astyanax is token-aware, so we avoid extra data hops between cassandra nodes.

Do you use SSDs or multiple SSDs in any kind of configuration or RAID?

No, single SSD per host

Thanks

Chris