I keep having issues with GC. Besides the cluster mentioned above, we also
have a single node development cluster having the same issues. This node
has 12.33 GB data, a couple of million skinny rows and basically no load.
It has default memory settings but keep getting very long stop-the-world GC
pauses:
INFO [ScheduledTasks:1] 2013-06-07 10:37:02,537 GCInspector.java (line 122)
GC for ParNew: 99342 ms for 1 collections, 1400754488 used; max is
4114612224
To try to rule out amount of memory, I set it to 16GB (we're on a virtual
environment), with 4GB of it for Cassandra heap but that didn't help
either, the incredibly long GC pauses keep coming.
So I think something else is causing these issues, unless everyone is
having really long GC pauses (which I doubt). I came across this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg24042.html
suggesting # date -s “`date`” might help my issues. It didn't however
(unless I am supposed to replace that second date with the actual date?).

Has anyone had similar issues?