Of course -- my point is simply that if you're looking for speed, SSD+KVM,
especially in a shared tenant situation, is unlikely to perform the way you
want to.  If you're building a pure proof of concept that never stresses the
system, it doesn't matter, but if you plan an MVP with any sort of scale,
you'll want a plan to be on something more robust.

I'll also say that it's really important (imho) to be doing even your dev in a
config where you have consistency conditions like eventual production -- so
make sure you're writing to both nodes and can have cases where eventual
consistency delays kick in, or it'll come back to bite you later -- I've seen
this force people to redesign their whole data model when they don't plan for
it initially.

As I said, I haven't tested DO.  I've tested very similar configurations at
other providers and they were all terrible under load -- and certainly took
away most of the benefits of SSD once you stressed writes a bit.  XEN+SSD, on
modern kernels, should work better, but I didn't test it (linode doesn't offer
this, though, and they've had lots of other challenges of late).

--DRS