Sorry, I forget why.  Someone told me at the cassandra conference.  It
might be to not overload the entire cluster at once so if you have 1000
nodes and you run just 5 queries, you could take out your cluster.  (This
is why I use playorm's querying and in tons of use cases, you don't want
to query the entire clusterÅ .usually that is saved for a map/reduce type
operation).

Dean