create table file(id text , parentid text,contenttype text,version
timestamp, descr text, name text, PRIMARY KEY(id,version) ) WITH CLUSTERING
ORDER BY (version DESC);

insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, descr, name) values
('f2', 'd1', '2011-03-06', 'pdf', 'f2 file', 'file1');
insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, descr, name) values
('f2', 'd1', '2011-03-05', 'pdf', 'f2 file', 'file1');
insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, descr, name) values
('f1', 'd1', '2011-03-05', 'pdf', 'f1 file', 'file1');
insert into file (id, parentid, version, contenttype, descr, name) values
('f1', 'd1', '2011-03-04', 'pdf', 'f1 file', 'file1');
create index on file(parentid);

select * from file where id='f1' and parentid='d1' limit 1;

select * from file where parentid='d1' limit 1;

Will it work for you?

-Vivek