I'm running Cassandra 2.0.1 on Ubuntu in a VirtualBox VM. I'm using the
Datastax Java driver, 1.0.4, and am trying to connect to 127.0.0.1, port
9160.

I'm getting the NoHostAvailable exception and on the TransportException it
states [127.0.0.1] Channel has been closed.

The server is running. I can bring up cqlsh and select the keyspace and
query the table without any problem. It shows that it is connected to
 localhost:9160.

The cassandra.yaml file in /etc/cassandra has 'start_native_transport:
true'.

I did notice on startup  the message "JNA not found. Native methods will be
disabled". Not sure if this means anything or not.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Les