I can't comment on the technical question, however one thing I learnt with
managing the growth of data is that the $/GB of tends to drop at a rate
that can absorb a moderate proportion of the  increase in cost due to the
increase in size of data. I'd recommend having a wet-finger-in-the-air stab
at projecting the growth in data sizes versus the historical trends in the
decease in cost of storage.

cheers

--

*Franc Carter* | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd
 <marc.zianideferra...@sirca.org.au>

franc.car...@sirca.org.au | www.sirca.org.au

Tel: +61 2 8355 2514

Level 4, 55 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215