I did some test and apparently the prepared statement is not cached at all,
in a loop (native protocol, datastax java driver, both 1.3 and 4.0)  I
prepared the same statement  20 times and the elapsed time where almost
identical. I think it has something to do with CASSANDRA-6107 that was
implemented in 1.2.11 and 2.0.2, I did the same test with 2.0.2 and got the
same result. is there a setting for CQL3 prepared cahe that I have missed
in 1.2.11?

Thanks

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Shahryar Sedghi <shsed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have migrated my DEV environment from 1.2.8 to 1.2.11 to finally move to
> 2.0.2,  and prepare is 100 to 200 times slower, something that was sub
> millisecond  now is 150 ms. Other CQL operations are normal.
>
> I am nor planning to move to 2,0.2 until I fix this. I do  not see any
> warn or error in the log, the only thing I saw was live ratio around 6.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Shahryar

Life has no meaning a priori … It is up to you to give it a meaning, and
value is nothing but the meaning that you choose ~ Jean-Paul Sartre