What options are available depends on what version of Cassandra you're
using.

You can specify the row key type with 'key_validation_class'.

For column types, use 'column_validation_classes', which is a dict mapping
column names to types.  For example:

sys.create_column_family('mykeyspace', 'users',
column_validation_classes={'username': UTF8Type, 'age': IntegerType})

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Kumar Ranjan <winnerd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the all possible values for cf_kwargs ??
>
> SYSTEM_MANAGER.create_column_family('Narrative','Twitter_search_test',
> comparator_type=UTF8Type, ???? )
>
> ???? - Here I want to specify, Column data types and row key type. How can
> I do that ?
>

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com> wrote:
>
>> The column_validation_classes arg is just for defining individual column
>> types.  Glad you got it figured out, though.
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Pinak Pani <
>> nishant.has.a.quest...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for quick reply. Apparantly, I was trying this to get working
>>>
>>> cf_kwargs = {'default_validation_class':COUNTER_COLUMN_TYPE}
>>> sys.create_column_family('my_ks', 'vote_count',

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>