> rite throughput is remaining at around 460 pkts/sec or sometimes even falling
> below that rate as against the expected rate of around 920 pkts/sec. Is it
> some kind of limitation of Cassandra or am I doing something wrong???
There is nothing in cassandra that would make that happen. Double check your
client.

>                                                            I also see an
> increase in packet drops when I try to store the packets from both the hosts
> into the same keyspace. The packets are getting collected properly followed
> by intervals in which they are being dropped in both the systems, at the same
> time. Could this be some kind of a buffer issue???
What do you mean by packet drops ?

Do you mean dropped messages in cassandra ?

> Also, can write throughput be increased by distributing the write requests
> between the 2 Cassandra nodes instead of sending the requests to a single
> node? Currently, I dont see any improvement even  if I distribute the write
> requests to different hosts. How can I improve the write performance overall?
Normally we expect 3k to 4k non counter writes per core per node, if you are
not seeing that it may be configuration or the client.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton