> One question, which is confusing , it's a server side issue or client side?
Check the server log for errors to make sure it’s not a server side issue.
Also check if there could be something in network that is killing long lived
connections.
Check the thrift lib the client is using is the same as the one in the
cassandra lib on the server.

Can you do some simple tests using cqlsh from the client machine? That would
eliminate the client driver.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
New Zealand