> So now i will try to patch my cassandra 1.2.11 installation but i just wanted
> to ask you guys first, if there is any other solution that does not involve a
> release.
That patch in CASSANDRA-6311 is for 2.0 you cannot apply it to 1.2

> but when i am using the java driver, the driver already uses row key for
> token statements and i cannot execute the query above, therefore it does a
> full scan of rows.
The  ColumnFamilyRecordReader is designed to read lots of rows, not a single
row.

You should be able to use the java driver from a hadoop task though to read a
single row. Can you provide some more info on what you are doing ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton