Open jdk has known issues and they will raise their ugly little head from time
to time-i have experienced them myself.

To be safe, I would use the latest oracle 7 release.

You may also be experiencing a configuration issue, make sure one node is
specified as the seed node and that the other node knows that address as well.
There's a good guide to configuration on the datastax website.

--
Colin
+1 320 221 9531