Just read this. i did not mean to offend or start a debate. Generally when
people ask me for help I give them the simplest option I know that works.

It pains be to watch new users struggling with incompatible drivers and
bugs.

On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> For what it is worth you schema is simple and uses compact storage. Thus
you really dont need anything in cassandra 2.0 as far as i can tell. You
might be happier with a stable release like 1.2.something and just hector
or astyanax. You are really dealing with many issues you should not have to
just to protoype a simple cassandra app.

> Of course, if everyone was using that reasoning, no-one would ever test
new features and report problems/suggest improvement. So thanks to anyone
like Rüdiger that actually tries stuff and take the time to report problems
when they think they encounter one. Keep at it, *you* are the one helping
Cassandra to get better everyday.
> And you are also right Rüdiger that it's probably not worth the trouble
to start with thrift if you're gonna use CQL later. And you definitively
should use CQL, it is Cassandra's future.
> --
> Sylvain
>

> On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
wrote:

>> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Rüdiger Klaehn <rkla...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> I have cloned the cassandra repo, applied the patch, and built it. But
when I want to run the bechmark I get an exception. See below. I tried with
a non-managed dependency to
cassandra-driver-core-2.0.0-rc3-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar, which I
compiled from source because I read that that might help. But that did not
make a difference.

>>> So currently I don't know how to give the patch a try. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>>
>>> Rüdiger
>>>
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
replicate_on_write is not a column defined in this metadata
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.ColumnDefinitions.getAllIdx(ColumnDefinitions.java:273)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.ColumnDefinitions.getFirstIdx(ColumnDefinitions.java:279)
>>>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Row.getBool(Row.java:117)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.TableMetadata$Options.<init>(TableMetadata.java:474)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.TableMetadata.build(TableMetadata.java:107)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.Metadata.buildTableMetadata(Metadata.java:128)
>>>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Metadata.rebuildSchema(Metadata.java:89)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.refreshSchema(ControlConnection.java:259)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.tryConnect(ControlConnection.java:214)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.reconnectInternal(ControlConnection.java:161)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.connect(ControlConnection.java:77)
>>>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager.init(Cluster.java:890)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager.newSession(Cluster.java:910)
>>>     at
com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager.access$200(Cluster.java:806)
>>>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.connect(Cluster.java:158)
>>>     at
cassandra.CassandraTestMinimized$delayedInit$body.apply(CassandraTestMinimized.scala:31)
>>>     at scala.Function0$class.apply$mcV$sp(Function0.scala:40)
>>>     at
scala.runtime.AbstractFunction0.apply$mcV$sp(AbstractFunction0.scala:12)
>>>     at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
>>>     at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
>>>     at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:318)
>>>     at
scala.collection.generic.TraversableForwarder$class.foreach(TraversableForwarder.scala:32)

--
Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than
usual.