The plan IS to do the whole write as a lightweight transaction because I do
need to rely on the behavior.  I am just vetting the expected behavior--that
doing it as a conditional update, i.e. a light weight transaction, that I am
not missing something and it will behave as I outlined without some other
unrealized consequence.  Additionally, it sounds like a potential nice CQL
level feature -- that a language keyword could be added to indicate that a LWT
should be done to ensure that the quorum update is an all or nothing update at
the expense of using LWT.

Wayne

On Mar 10, 2014, at 3:52 PM, Tupshin Harper