I came across something on the cassandra it that made me concerned.

Default value for hinted_handoff_throttle_in_kb is 1024, one Meg per
second. I have four nodes and rf=2. I have hints timeout set to 24, to
avoid having to do repairs if I took longer than that to reboot a node.

What got me thinking though is that if I'm generating gigabytes worth of
hints during the day and across four nodes the throttle becomes 250k per
second, that is too slow to replay all of my hints properly. Is tht right ?

I need to understand this setting better. I would like to make sure that
all of my hints get replayed. What is a recommended setting ?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Oleg