On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes <
paulo.mo...@chaordicsystems.com> wrote:

> My next and last approach is to manually copy the sstables via rsync from
> n3 and start x with auto_bootstrap=false, but I really didn't want to use
> this approach. Is it so hard to bootstrap a new node when not using Vnodes
> in C* 1.2, or this could be hiding some kind of bug? Any feedback would be
> greatly appreciated.

I've heard some reports of this in the era of 1.2.x you are referring to.

I'd probably try the auto_bootstrap:false process, but would consider
upgrading to 1.2.15 first. There are issues within 1.2.x with
auto_bootstrap:false under certain circumstances, can't find the JIRA right
now but check CHANGES.txt ... note that 1.2.15 will not coalesce a cluster
without a loaded schema.

=Rob