Hi,
I am now to cassandra and even though I am not familiar to the
implementation and architecture of cassandra, Is struggle with how to best
design the schema.

We have an application where we need to store huge amounts of data. Its a
per user storage where we store a lot of data for each user and do a lot of
random reads using userid.
Initially, there will be a lot of writes and once it has stabilized, the
reads will increase.

We are expecting to randomly read about 15 GB of data everyday. The reads
will be per user id.

Could you please suggest an implementation and things I need to consider if
I have to go with Cassandra.
Also, I have heard that Cassandra doesn't perform will with high read ops.
How true is that? How many read connections per machine can handle and how
do I measure that in cassandra/

Thanks