Hi there,

I am updating compaction strategy from 'sized tiered' to 'leveled' and from
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/leveled-compaction-in-apache-cassandra it
is said:

When updating an existing column family, reads and writes can continue as
> usual while leveling of existing sstables is performed in the background.

But I still see many old sstables with very large size and an old file
date. So I am wondering is the updating of compaction done automatically?
If yes, is there an estimate of time it will take? If not, what's the steps
to do it manually?

I've googled a lot but can't find something helpful. Thanks for any
feedbacks and any help is of great appreciation.