I too have noticed that after doing “nodetool flush” (or “nodetool drain”), the
commit logs are still there. I think they’re NEW (empty) commit logs, but I may
be wrong. Anyone know?

Don

From: Gaurav Sehgal [mailto:gsehg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 12:31 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Schema disagreement errors

We have recently started seeing a lot of Schema Disagreement errors. We are
using Cassandra 2.0.6 with Oracle Java 1.7. I went through the Cassandra FAQ
and followed the below steps:

  *   nodetool disablethrift
  *   nodetool disablegossip
  *   nodetool drain
  *   'kill <pid>'.

As per the documentation; the commit logs should have been flush; but that did
not happen in our case. The commit logs were still there. So, I removed them
manually to make sure there are no commit logs when cassandra start up( which
was fine in our case as this data can always be replayed).  I also deleted the
schema* directory from the /data/system folder.

Though when we started cassandra back up the issue started happening again.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers!
Gaurav