Raj,

Secondary indexes across CQL3 collections were introduced into 2.1 beta1,
so will be available in future versions. See

If your main concern is performance then you should find another way to
model the data: each collection is read entirely into memory to access a
single item.

--
Patricia Gorla
@patriciagorla