Charlie,

I would be willing to help you out with your issues tomorrow afternoon, feel
free to give me a call after 4m ET.  There are lots of people who store *and*
update data with cassandra (at scale).

--
Colin Clark   | Solutions Architect
DataStax  |  www.datastax.com

We power the big data applications that transform business.

More than 400 customers, including startups and twenty-five percent of the
Fortune 100 rely on DataStax's massively scalable, flexible, fast and
continuously available big data platform built on Apache Cassandra™. DataStax
integrates in one cluster (thus requiring no ETL)  enterprise-ready Cassandra,
Apache Hadoop™ for analytics and Apache Solr™ for search, across multiple data
centers and in the cloud all while providing advanced enterprise security
features that keep data safe.