No - it took me a little while to see what is going on with datastax, I
wasn't interested in datastax/DSE. I was interested in Cassandra.

I see the value of datastax supporting Cassandra, I think it's a lot
further along than it would have been without their support. But they've
also vacuumed up all the knowledge and talent and 'sell' it. They have a
good business model and I don't have anything against them, but I do think
that a lot of the knowledge and detail is locked up in their docs. I don't
think its particularly well managed - in particular most of the important
stuff being in blog format - you need to interpret the timeframes and a lot
more to really figure out what current best practice is and feature sets
available to you are. Otherwise you're digging through documentation of
enterprise software trying to figure out which bits apply to you.

A few examples:
There has been a bit of chatter about counter columns not being right,
maybe unstable, but they'll be much better in 2.1 flavours. However they're
50% of the reason I went with C* at the time, and everything I was reading
was sending me in that direction. The information I was reading was only
correct at a point in time.

The other 50% was dynamic columns, but there was (and still is I think) a
lot of confusion around CQL3 and thrift style wide rows. All of the
confusion is around the nonclamenture and the point in time the docs you
happen to be reading were written. Something as integral as partition and
cluster keys requires interpretation to understand - that doesn't seem
right.

Anyway, I will check out the training, its been a while since I've been
learning - mostly doing lately.