Here is the use case ... The Cassandra ring is going to span 6 data centers.
The client can write in any data center (the client is also in 6 DCs) and turn
back around and read from any other data center for this I assume you will tell
me to use each quorum for the writes, however that is going to increase the
time it takes for writes to be acknowledged.

What I am looking for is a way to monitor either using some statistic exposed
by Cassandra or using some sort of synthetic transaction of how my Cassandra
replication looks and alert if there is slowness noticed.

Rahul Neelakantan