Hi Vasilis,

To further on what Rob said

I believe you might be able to tune the phi detector threshold to help this
> operation complete, hopefully someone with direct experience of same will
> chime in.

I have been through this operation where streams break due to a node
falsely being marked down (flapping). In an attempt to  mitigate this I
increase the phi_convict_threshold in cassandra.yaml from 8 to 10, after
which the rebuild was able to successfully complete. The default value for
phi_convict_threshold is 8 with 12 being the maximum recommended value.

Mark