Dear Colleagues:

I need to move Cassandra from EC2 classic into VPC.

What I was thinking is that I can create a new data center within VPC and rebuild it from my existing one (switching to vnodes while I am at it). However, I don't understand how the ec2-snitch will deal with this.

Another idea I had was taking the ec2-snitch configuration and converting it into a Property file snitch. But I still don't understand how to perform this move since I need my newly created VPC instances to have public IPs -- something I would like to avoid.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,
Oleg