2. "still uses thrift for minor stuff" --> I think that the only call using
thrift is "describe_ring" to get an estimate of ratio of partition keys
within the token range

3. Stratio has a talk today at the SF Summit, presenting Stratio META. For
the folks not attending the conference, video should be available within
one month after