Hi Paulo,

On 10/11/14 15:18, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes wrote:
Hey,

We've seen a considerable increase in the number of dropped mutations after a
major upgrade from 1.2.18 to 2.0.10. I initially thought it was due to the extra
load incurred by upgradesstables, but the dropped mutations continue even after
all sstables are upgraded.

are the clocks on all your nodes synchronized with each other?

Ciao, Duncan.

Additional info: Overall (read, write and range) latency improved with the
upgrade, which is great, but I don't understand why dropped mutations has
increased. I/O and CPU load is pretty much the same, number of completed tasks
is the only metric that increased together with dropped mutations.

I also noticed that the number of "all time blocked" FlushWriter operations is
about 5% of completed operations, don't know if this is related, but in case it
helps out...

Anyone has a clue on what could that be? Or what should we monitor to find out?
Any help or JIRA pointers would be kindly appreciated.

Cheers,

--
*Paulo Motta*

Chaordic | /Platform/