I’m trying to build a histograph in CQL for various records. I’d like to
keep a max of ten items or items with a TTL.  but if there are too many
items, I’d like to trim it so the max number of records is about 20.

So if I exceed 20, I need to removed the oldest records.

I’m using a set append so each member of the set has a different write time
and ttl.

But I can’t figure out how to compute the writetime()  of each set member
since the CQL write time only takes a column reference.

Any advice?  Seems like I’m an edge case.

Plan B is to upgrade everything to 2.1 and I can use custom datatypes and
just store the write times myself, but that takes a while.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*