> The main purpose is to protect us from human errors (eg. unexpected
> manipulations: delete, drop tables, …).

If that is the main purpose, having "auto_snapshot: true” in cassandra.yaml
will be enough to protect you.

Regarding backup, I have a small script that creates a named snapshot and for
each sstable; encrypts, uploads to S3 and deletes the snapshotted sstable. It
took me an hour to write and roll out to all our nodes. The whole process is
currently logged, but eventually I will also send an e-mail if backup fails.

———
Jens Rantil
Backend engineer
Tink AB