Thanks a lot for the help Graham and Robert! Will try increasing heap and
see how it goes.

Here are my gc settings, if they're still helpful (they're mostly the
defaults):

-Xms6G -Xmx6G -Xmn400M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:SurvivorRatio=8
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75
-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+UseTLAB
-XX:+CMSParallelInitialMarkEnabled -XX:+CMSEdenChunksRecordAlways

--
*Paulo Motta*

Chaordic | *Platform*
*www.chaordic.com.br <http://www.chaordic.com.br/>*