We had the similar problem - multi-tenancy and multiple DC support. But we
did not really have strict requirement of one keyspace per tenant. Our row
keys allow us to put any number of tenants per keyspace.

So, on one side - we could put all data in a single keyspace for all
tenants. And size the cluster for it, at the end the total amount of data
would be the same :)

However, we wanted different replication strategy for different customers.
And the replication strategy is a keyspace setting. Thus, it wold be
simpler to have one keyspace per customer.

The cost, as it was mentioned, is per CF. The more keyspaces we have, the
more CFs we have. So we did not want this to be too high.

The decision we've made was to have something in between. We'd define a
number of keyspaces with different replication strategies (possibly even
duplicate ones) and map tenants to these keyspaces. Thus, there would be a
couple of tenants in one keyspace all sharing the same properties
(replication strategy in our case). We could even create a keyspace that
will group some tenants that currently share the same replication
requirements and that may be moved/replicated to a specific DC in the
future.

--
Nikolai Grigoriev
(514) 772-5178