Hi,

I'm doing stress test on Cassandra. And I learn that using ring cache can
improve the performance because the client requests can directly go to the
target Cassandra server and the coordinator Cassandra node is the desired
target node. In this way, there is no need for coordinator node to route the
client requests to the target node, and maybe we can get the linear
performance increment.

However, in my stress test on an Amazon EC2 cluster, the test results are
weird. Seems that there's no performance improvement after using ring cache.
Could anyone help me explain this results? (Also, I think the results of
test without ring cache is weird, because there's no linear increment on QPS
when new nodes are added. I need help on explaining this, too). The results
are as follows:

INSERT(write):

Node count

Replication factor