Hi,

Since repair is a slow and daunting process*, I am considering increasing
max_hint_window_in_ms from its default value of one (1) hour to something like
24-48 hours. This will give me and my team more time to fix the underlying
problem of a node. I understand that
 - repair is the only way to avoid hardware failure/bit rot scenarios. I will
still be running repair on a weekly basis.
 - disk usage obviously will increase before data has been handed off. Disk
usage shouldn’t be an issue in this case.

Are there any other implications of making this change that I haven’t thought
of?

* I know incremental repair is coming up, but I don’t consider it stable enough.

Thanks,
Jens

———
Jens Rantil