Hi,
We have a two-dc cluster with 21 nodes and 27 nodes in each DC. Over the
past few months, we have seen nodetool status marks 4-8 nodes down while
they are actually functioning. Particularly today we noticed that running
nodetool status on some nodes shows higher number of nodes are down than
before while they are actually up and serving requests.
For example, on one node it shows 42 nodes are down.

phi_convict_threshold of all nodes are set as 12, and we are running
cassandra 2.0.4 on AWS EC2 machines.

Does anyone have recommendation on identifying the root cause of this? Will
this cause any consequences?

Thanks,
Cheng