What I normally do is install plain CentOS (Not any AMI build for
Cassandra) and I don't use them for production! I run them for testing,
fire drills and some cassandra-stress benchmarks. I will look if I had more
than 5h Cassandra uptime. I can even put one up now and do the test and get
the results back to you.

Regards,

Carlos Juzarte Rolo
Cassandra Consultant