Probably it takes in account the read repair, plus a read that have
consistency != 1 will produce reads on other machines (which are taken in
account). I don't know the internals of opscenter but I would assume that
this is the case.

If you want to test it further, disable read_repair, and make all your
reads with CL=ONE. Then your client and Opscenter should match.

PS: Speculative_retry could also send reads over to more machines.

Regards,

Carlos Juzarte Rolo
Cassandra Consultant

Pythian - Love your data

rolo@pythian | Twitter: cjrolo | Linkedin: *linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo
<http://linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo>*
Mobile: +31 6 159 61 814 | Tel: +1 613 565 8696 x1649
www.pythian.com