Good point about the range selects. I think they can be made to work with
limits, though. Or, since the active records will never usually be > 500k,
the ids may just be cached in memory.

Most of the time, during reads, the queries will just consist of select *
where primaryKey = someValue . One row at a time.

The question is just, whether to keep all records in one table (including
archived records which wont be queried 99% of the time), or to keep active
records in their own table, and delete them when they're no longer active.
Will that produce tombstone issues?