+1.

I agree we need to be able to run multiple server instances on one physical
machine. This is especially necessary in development and test environments
where one is experimenting and needs a cluster, but do not have access to
multiple physical machines.

If you google , you  can find a few blogs that talk about how to do this.

But it is less than ideal. We need to be able to do it by changing ports in
cassandra.yaml. ( The way it is done easily with Hadoop or Apache Kafka or
Redis and many other distributed systems)

regards

--
http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/